Below is a small quantity of the types of models that we are able to produce. You will be able to see the nationally renowned ‘Small World’ range along with some of our own favorites. Please have a good look through our Technical details page as this is where we can show you why our models are some of the best in the world.
We can make custom models to your own specification, to any level of detail ranging from display through to museum quality along with your choice of subject matter. Commercial kits of all types – plastic/metal/composite – can all be built or modified. So whatever you have a fancy to be miniaturized, we will be happy to discuss this with you.
|1/72 scale custom built hand painted fibreglass model – Air France 707||1/200 scale 1049 Constellation in Air India colours||Custom made Viscount 700 (Small World model)|
|DC3 produced to customer’s requirements||Hand-made 1/20 scale military vehicle||Recently finished for a customer: 1/25 scale cut-away 707 (6ft wing span). This model was presented to us in a very shabby state and was completely stripped, refurbished, and re-liveried in the customer’s choice of scheme. In addition a full undercarriage was built and installed.|
This is where it matters. Come and look through here to see why our models are so much better than the rest.
The following list isn’t at all exhaustive, it does though give a good idea as to the level of detail involved in the production process. We take great pride in the level of detail we make each model to.
- Clean all flash and dry assemble the fuselage. Screw and glue together.
- Rub down all surfaces, fill as necessary and rub down.
- Wings – clean all flash and fit to fuselage – fill joint and rub down as fuselage.
- Drill and tap for spray stick.
- Clean up flash etc from all other components. Most Tail Planes are fitted after painting and decaling
- Spray Etch Primer (to make sure the paint adheres)
- Check and do first filling. Rub down and respray.
- Spray grey primer.
- Dust coat with a darker grey.
- Rub down with Wet and Dry Paper, wet. The dark/light grey will show where any additional filling is required. Respray primer until the finish is good.
- Spray white primer, Spray 1st colour coat ( Normally white u/a)
- Mask out the white areas and spray progressive colour coats until the model is ready for decaling.(Most models will have – white/silver/grey as 1st colour)
- Check decal art work. Print decals cut all around each decal ( they have a constant clear carrier film). Soak and apply.
- Clean the model.
- Dust coat model with clear lacquer ( this beds down the decals and allows for any colour change on the decals due to lacquer).
- Match the colours and touch up as needed
- Scribe panel lines onto the wing/tail. Plane Surfaces.
- Now add the ancillary parts- u/c – u.c doors tailplane, drill and fix the appropriate aerials and other fine detail.
- Make up propellers and spinners. Paint and fit OR Make up jet engines and fit.
- Fix tyres. Check model over. Final dust coat of lacquer. Remove spray stick and fix belly cover plate. Add logo decal.
- Make up box, cut various layers of polystyrene to shape (to protect the model in transit). Final check on model, make sure it has navigation lights etc. Place in box and add box labels.